CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte Douglas International Airport is getting a major upgrade next week.
The city is adding nine more gates to Concourse A
The state-of-the-art facility will house five different airlines.
Also, every seat in the concourse will have its own individual charging station.
“We always hear there is never enough places to plug in at an airport,” Aviation Director Brent Cagle said. “If we get that complaint in this concourse, I don't think we can do anything else to get more charging stations.”
The upgraded concourse will also have a Panera Bread, Smashburger, Jamba Juice, Starbucks and a NoDa Brewing bar.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Sex offender kidnapped woman from gas station, sexually assaulted her
- Charlotte couple admits to forcing children into prostitution in Myrtle Beach
- CMPD: Woman robbed at gunpoint at Ballantyne Bank of America ATM
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Bar worker shot following fight in Plaza Midwood, police say
Cox Media Group