CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Bloomberg report says Atlanta-based private equity firm Roark Capital is considering a $2 billion sale of automotive franchise services firm Driven Brands Inc.
According to the report, based on information from people with knowledge of Roark’s plans, the firm is speaking to advisers about running an auction of Driven Brands in the fourth quarter. Bloomberg said its sources asked not to be identified because the information is private.
Driven Brands is expected to attract interest from other private equity firms, according to the report.
The Charlotte-based company is the corporate parent of Meineke Car Care Centers Inc., Maaco collision and paint centers and other automotive-related businesses.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officer shoots man at Gastonia Buffalo Wild Wings, police say
- 'She was petrified': Woman attacked by group of riders before fatal dirt bike crash
- Man on run after allegedly killing pregnant woman, abducting children
- FORECAST: Threat of storms not backing off as heat, humidity grip region
- South Carolina deputy caught in child sex sting by his own department
© 2019 Cox Media Group.