RALEIGH, N.C. - A Charlotte-bound American Airlines flight made an emergency landing in Raleigh Friday afternoon due to engine troubles.
The plane was on its way to Charlotte from the Coastal Carolina Regional Airport in New Bern when the crew reported an issue with the thrust reverser, which is a part of the engine that helps the plane to slow down. There were 53 people on board and the plane landed safely.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD identifies man shot to death during apparent robbery, carjacking
- CMPD identifies victim, suspect in Charlotte's 56th homicide of 2017
- PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Contenders look to make moves during second round
- New skyscraper will transform Charlotte's iconic skyline
- Cancellation of I-77 tolls could potentially cost NC millions, study says
- WATCH: Keith Monday's weekend forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.