CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Expansion of the 19th century or Great Migration from the south in the 1900’s, U.S. populations have shifted as people look for a chance at a better life.
Even today cities are changing in the form of boomtowns – areas undergoing rapid growth due to sudden prosperity.
A recent study indicates that North Carolina is one of the go-to states to try and achieve the American dream. Raleigh (No. 3), Charlotte (No. 13) and Durham (No. 16) are among the top 100 boomtowns in America, according to Magnify Money, and some of the most attractive places for businesses and workers. Greensboro (No. 63) and Winston Salem (No. 74) also made the list.
Check out how these North Carolina cities compare to others across the nation here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Developer to pay woman's property taxes after story aired on Ch. 9
- Woman dragged by car in busy southeast Charlotte parking lot
- Teacher grabs student by throat, slams him to table over Styrofoam tray
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car near University City apartment complex
© 2019 Cox Media Group.