CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Charlotte doctor accused of sexually assaulting two of his patients will appear before a judge Friday morning.
Dr. Fidelis Edosomwan is facing multiple charges after more than a dozen women claimed he sexually assaulted them. Police are investigating all claims but said two patients of Edosomwan were sexually assaulted during a medical exam last month.
Read our past coverage:
- Patients come forward after doctor charged with sex assault
- CMPD: Doctor charged with sexually assaulting patients
Edosomwan worked at two Americare practices -- one off Sugar Creek Road, the other off Milton Road. Both women went to police within 24 hours of the alleged assaults.
Edosomwan is expected in court, facing two felony second-degree sexual assault offenses and three misdemeanor sexual battery charges.
Police said they were investigating the other claims and are interviewing other potential witnesses who have come forward.
Channel 9 will be in the courtroom and will have updates to this story throughout the day.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 9 Investigates: New company has ties to indicted paving business
- CMPD Chief: 20-year-old woman with knife shot, killed by officer
- Deputies: Taser did not stop Rowan County man with hatchet
- CLOSINGS, DELAYS: CMS on 2-hour delay Friday
- FORECAST: Frigid Friday morning temps break 119-year-old record