CHARLOTTE, N.C. — On the heels of being named among the nation’s hot spots for jobs by Glassdoor, Charlotte has now claimed the top spot in a ranking of the best places for tech workers. The Queen City is No. 1 on the CompTIA Tech Town Index 2018 released this morning by the Computing Technology Industry Association.
Raleigh follows at No. 2, while Durham made the list at No. 15.
“As technology permeates every corner of our personal and professional lives, employment opportunities are expanding across the nation and fueling job growth in regions not traditionally thought of as tech hubs,” said Nancy Hammervik, executive vice president for industry relations at CompTIA, in a new release accompanying the report.
The index is “designed to help in-demand IT pros make educated decisions about where to live and work based on opportunity and opportunity costs,” according to the release. CompTIA, in compiling its ranking, considered job-posting data as well as cost of living, number of open IT positions and projected job growth.
See the stats that put Charlotte at the top here: http://bizj.us/1pqii9
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Fort Bragg soldier charged after 12-year-old girl's disappearance
- Soybean farmer discovers body in middle of 250-acre Union County field
- Second law enforcement officer dies after Florence ambush attack
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Tuesday forecast outlook
- RAE CARRUTH RELEASED: After 18 years, former Panther walks free