A Charlotte man fell died after falling from an escalator inside the Harrah’s Casino in New Orleans, police said.
James Edward Darst, 33, and co-workers arrived at the casino at about 2:30 a.m. About one hour later, Darst walked into the Masquerade Club, walking beyond a curtain and crossing a barricade before walking up to the second-floor escalator, police said.
He tried to slide down the handrail and fell to the first floor where he died.
Bystanders heard the man fall and called police.
Foul play is not believed to be a factor and the investigation is ongoing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hundreds of gallons of paint spilled across Brookshire Blvd.
- Family concerned missing 12-year-old girl could be in danger
- Charlotte man dies after falling while trying to slide down escalator handrail
- Charlotte man arrested after leading police on 120 mph chase
- FORECAST: Carolinas brace for frigid weekend
- Classes at Union Co. school canceled after possible norovirus outbreak
Cox Media Group