CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Is this restaurant the best in the nation?
The James Beard Foundation has named The Stanley as a contender for Best New Restaurant — making it one of 30 restaurants nationwide to receive that honor.
The foundation also gave a nod to two Charlotte chefs — Greg Collier with Loft & Cellar in Charlotte and Joe Kindred, co-owner and chef at Kindred. They’re among 20 semifinalists vying for the Best Chef in the Southeast award.
Finalists will be announced on March 27, with awards presented in May.
Read more about these stars of the local culinary scene here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman charged in 16-year-old's death after providing teens with alcohol, officials say
- Owner, 3 employees arrested in connection with Charlotte club homicide during statewide bust
- Reality TV star, Charlotte club owner arrested on fraud charges in Miami
- FORECAST: Skies dry out as frigid air moves in across the Carolinas
- Police identify suspect accused of shooting man inside elevator of uptown Charlotte hotel
© 2019 Cox Media Group.