CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police have found and arrested a Charlotte teen accused of murder after they said he cut off his electronic monitor earlier this month.
Ricco McHam, 19, was wearing the monitor because police said he killed another teen last July.
Officers told Channel 9 that McHam was in a small shopping center near Park Road when he cut off the monitor on June 15.
He is accused of shooting and killing Markas Vereen on the Fourth of July last year in the Grier Heights neighborhood.
McHam's grandmother said the shooting stemmed from an ongoing feud.
Police told Channel 9 that the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's Violent Criminal Apprehension Team found McHam in Mint Hill Friday morning and took him into custody.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 killed in Lancaster triple shooting; person of interest sought
- Bacteria levels prompt 'no swimming' advisory at North Myrtle Beach
- Man, teen killed in crash involving tanker truck; 11-year-old critically hurt
- VIEWER VIDEO: Flames engulf home in northeast Charlotte
- CMPD arrests teenage murder suspect who cut off electronic monitor
- WATCH: Keith Monday's weekend forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.