CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Paramedics responded to a drowning call Wednesday afternoon at the Morrison YMCA in Ballantyne.
A lifeguard pulled the young girl from the pool. The girl was alert and breathing, officials said.
She was taken to Carolinas Medical Center with serious injuries.
Her father later told the YMCA she is doing fine.
No further information has been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Top House GOP leader shot at congressional baseball practice
- Lincoln Co. woman says nail salon denied service due to her weight
- VIDEO: Massive fire engulfs London high-rise building
- I-85 partially reopened after deadly crash involving 2 tractor-trailers
- Caldwell County nursing home issued suspension after violations found
- WATCH: Vicki Graf and Christine Rapp's forecast outlook
Cox Media Group