CHARLOTTE, N.C. - On Monday night, the Charlotte City Council unanimously approved eight affordable housing projects, which will cost $12.8 million from the Housing Trust Fund.
The projects spread across the city and will add up to 950 new homes.
- Wendover Walk Apartments
- Heritage Park Apartments
- North Tryon Homes
- 7th Street Apartments
- Abbington on Mount Holly
- Evoke Living Westerly Hills
- Tyvola Road Apartments
- South Village Apartments at Scaleybark
Around 20% of the units will be for the lowest-income residents in Charlotte.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Person dies after jet ski crash on Lake Norman, officials say
- Crews responding to crash involving NC trooper on motorcycle in west Charlotte
- NC father killed after wave off Oak Island broke neck to donate organs
- FORECAST: Last day of heat wave before cold front, storms move in
- Deputies: 4-wheeler rider shot, killed after reportedly running two people over
© 2019 Cox Media Group.