• Clover home, shelter catches fire overnight

    Updated:

    CLOVER, S.C. - A fire destroyed a pastor's home in Clover Wednesday morning, and caused the evacuation of two homeless shelters he runs.

    Fire raced through the home of Sammy and Annie Thompson on Short Street just after 6 a.m.

    Thompson said he thinks the fire started when a child may have accidentally placed a blanket too close to a space heater.

    No one was hurt, but the men's and women's shelters that are a part of Lighthouse Ministries had to be evacuated.

    Thompson said he tried to put the fire out, but the frigid cold made it impossible.

    Lighthouse Ministries has been a fixture in Clover for 20 years and operates a shelter and serves meals to those in need.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Clover home, shelter catches fire overnight

  • Headline Goes Here

    Armed suspect barricaded in Charlotte building

  • Headline Goes Here

    Mother, father charged after 2-year-old boy dies in Rock Hill

  • Headline Goes Here

    Video shows boy nearly drown at North Myrtle Beach resort

  • Headline Goes Here

    A movie, popcorn and a drink for $10? Tuesday AMC deal is making it happen