CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A busy uptown street was closed Thursday morning after police said a three-car crash occurred on Tryon Street between Fifth and Sixth streets.
Officials said a female driver rear-ended another vehicle around 1:37 a.m. after attempting to take her passenger to the hospital, who had been cut and stabbed.
The passenger was then transported by MEDIC to the hospital with injuries that were possibly life-threatening, police said.
MEDIC said they transported one other person who had been injured during the crash with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the passenger in the first vehicle was injured during an altercation that may have occurred at Tropix Bar and Lounge on 4701 N.Tryon St.
No other details have been released.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Major changes coming to southern stretch of I-485
- Director of human resources for Richmond County charged with trafficking opium
- Husband questioned after body believed to be missing NC woman found
- FORECAST: Highs near 70 and dry before wet weather swings in Friday
- CMPD hands out messages to remind families they do not enforce immigration laws
© 2019 Cox Media Group.