CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police were on the scene of a death investigation after an 18-year-old girl who attended Mallard Creek High School was found dead in east Charlotte early Thursday morning.
Officers were called to the home around 8:15 a.m. on Willowgate Lane, near Robinson Church Road, after the young woman was found deceased in the backyard.
Circumstances surrounding her death have not been released, nor has her name. Police did say that there were no obvious signs of trauma on her body.
Her identity has not been released and her body was sent to the Medical Examiner's office.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- New NC bill would allow people to carry gun without permit, training
- Driver hospitalized after Jeep hits culvert, flips near Monroe
- Mallard Creek HS student found dead in east Charlotte backyard
- 9 INVESTIGATES: Health violations uncovered at Charlotte's best restaurants
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Armed man robs woman at Lincolnton ATM
Cox Media Group