CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The driver who caused a deadly crash Wednesday morning in northwest Charlotte is believed to have been impaired by drugs, investigators said.
At about 8 a.m., Jonathan Vance, 46, was driving a 2009 Hyundai Sonata on Oakdale Road near Brookshire Boulevard when he crossed the double center line and hit an oncoming 2016 Dodge Charger.
A passenger, Sheila Mosby, 53, in the Sonata was taken to a hospital, where she died.
Vance, the other driver and two passengers were taken to a hospital with serious injuries, none were life-threatening, officials said.
Detectives will seek charges against Vance.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman killed, man survives after explosion levels $1.2 million Ballantyne home
- NC closes daycare where worker accused of dropping infant on purpose
- CMS teacher accused of being combative during DWI arrest resigns
- FORECAST: Air quality concerns ahead of possible Fourth of July storms
- Former NFL quarterback shot by girlfriend's ex, Concord police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.