Man accused in south Charlotte apartment slaying to face judge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — One of two suspects charged in a deadly shooting at a south Charlotte apartment complex will face a judge Friday.

Both Carlos Rosales and Jose Diaz-Garcia are charged with murder and armed robbery.

Rosales will be in court Friday.

(Diaz-Garcia and Rosales)

Police said the pair were involved in the death of Frolian Perdoma Thursday morning at the Retreat at McAlpine Creek along Fishers Farm Lane.

Police believe the three knew each other.

Officers were called around 4:45 a.m. to the apartment complex near Highway 51 and found a man, later identified as Perdoma, who had been shot in a unit on the second floor.

Perdoma was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said the shooting happened during an armed robbery, and that there were a total of six people in the apartment at the time, including children who witnessed the crime.

Nobody else was hurt.

Diaz-Garcia, 39, and Rosales, 22, were charged with murder, armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.

"It's a very, very quiet complex. I think the only concern he's had out here has been some larcenies from autos," said CMPD Maj. Gerald Smith.

The death marked Charlotte's 16th homicide of the year, and police told Channel 9 that there have not been many calls to the neighborhood and that it is a quiet part of the city.

Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com: