CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer will lose his law enforcement certification after taking a plea deal Wednesday in a groping case.
Michael Santiago was arrested in January accused of groping a woman multiple times at an uptown nightclub.
He pleaded guilty to assault on a female and was put on 18 months of probation.
Santiago also has to take a substance abuse assessment and register for a sex offender evaluation.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville mother charged with murder weeks after infant son dies
- 1 dead, another injured after car slams into tree in west Charlotte
- Large water main break floods busy street outside South End
- FORECAST: Oppressive conditions see heat index values above 100 degrees
- Special CMS board meeting set on suspended superintendent's contract
© 2019 Cox Media Group.