CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police said a father killed his daughter's boyfriend after the boyfriend allegedly assaulted the woman.
Parker Bogan was charged with voluntary manslaughter.
Police were called to the home on Cattail Court Tuesday night for a domestic violence call and a woman told investigators Patrick Creek punched her during an argument.
Hours later, police were called back to the home where they found Creek dead.
Investigators said the victim's father, Bogan, put Creek in a choke hold after the woman was assaulted again.
Bogan will appear in court Thursday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman killed after big rig slams into stalled car on I-85
- Man shot multiple times outside popular South End club, police say
- FBI searches for car after new lead in 16-year-old case of missing girl
- CMPD: Man charged after choking daughter's boyfriend to death
- Video of Ardrey Kell student's talent show water bottle flip goes viral
Cox Media Group