CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said a man was killed after being hit by an unoccupied tractor-trailer at a residential construction site in Steele Creek Tuesday.
Police identified the victim as 57-year-old Lynn Patterson. They said Patterson had just finished loading a skid steer onto a trailer, when the attached tractor started rolling backward and hit him.
Police said he died at the scene.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom flew over Bessbrook Road around 1:30 p.m. and could see what appeared to be a logging truck blocking the road.
Officers are still investigating the accident and asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at (704) 334-1600 or Detective Pressley at (704) 432-2169.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 1 dead, 3 others hospitalized in shooting at uptown apartment building
- Troopers: Wrong-way driver killed on I-485 in west Charlotte
- Fatal crash involving motorcycle blocks Highway 73 in Lincoln County
- FORECAST: Showers return, bringing unseasonably cool temps
- Man missing for two days found in Charlotte hospital's trauma unit
© 2019 Cox Media Group.