CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police need help to identify a man who sexually assaulted a woman in uptown Charlotte on Friday morning.
The suspect is described as being a black male in his mid-30s, 5 feet 6 inches tall with a muscular build and wearing thick-framed glasses.
The suspect has a distinctive tattoo on his forearm, which is pictured below.
"We do say, ‘Stay vigilant. Walk in well-lit areas. If you can, be on the phone with someone so they know where you are -- what time you are supposed to be there,’" Sgt. Allie Rooks said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FORECAST: One more rainy day ahead of drier, warmer weekend
- Father of WNBA star dies in York County car crash
- High school principal suspended during investigation
- Campers safe, water recedes after flooding in Iredell County
- TSA considering removing agents from 150 airports
Cox Media Group