CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police were investigating after they said a woman was shot in the leg in her front yard in northwest Charlotte early Tuesday morning.
Emergency crews were called to the scene on Majestic Meadows Road just after 5 a.m. and found the woman shot.
MEDIC rushed her to Carolinas Medical Center with potentially life-threatening injuries.
Police said Lisa Ivey was getting ready to take her 14-year-old son to school and was about to get into her SUV when she was shot.
"We're just grateful it could have been worse," Ivey's daughter said.
Ivey said she did not see the shooter and officers have not released a description of the gunman.
Police have not released a motive.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Fire marshal sheds light on fallen firefighter's final moments
- Report: Carowinds guest shoved ride operator to retrieve phone from tracks
- WATCH: High school softball team loses championship while they celebrate
- CMPD: Woman shot in front yard in northwest Charlotte
- 9 investigates assaults on Lanesboro prison staff members
Cox Media Group