CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools leaders unveiled updates Tuesday night on the major student assignment changes set to start in the fall of 2018.
Over the next year, they'll have a community task force made up of parent leaders to guide the process, and there will be school-specific project teams for those schools affected by the shake-up.
They also created a new platform, CMSListens.org, to communicate up-to-date information to the community. The platform is expected to launch next month.
For more information, click here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 50 firefighters battle 2-alarm fire at multimillion-dollar SouthPark home
- 17-year-old boy critically injured after being shot inside car
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Man arrested days after jumping onto train to escape police
- Councilwoman receives death threats following Trump comments
- VIDEO: Eclipse could drain Union County solar farm of energy
© 2018 Cox Media Group.