CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Channel 9 viewers are invited to donate new or gently used coats of all sizes during a special collection event Wednesday for the annual Steve’s Coats for Kids drive.
The collection will last from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the WSOC-TV studios located at 1901 North Tryon Street in Charlotte.
The campaign has collected 330 coats and counting so far.
On Tuesday, Duke Energy employees were busy counting and sorting coats, which they plan to collect for the rest of the week. The company has participated in the drive for the past several years.
“Part of what we do here at Duke Energy is we power our communities, and we also try to stay actively engaged in our communities, too,” employee Spencer Heuer said.
Viewers who drop off their coats at WSOC-TV Wednesday will also have the opportunity to meet chief meteorologist Steve Udelson, along with Channel 9 anchors and reporters.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Medical examiner says Erica Parsons died from 'homicidal violence'
- Union Co. sheriff identifies man who led deputies on chase through fields
- Flames, explosions destroy 19th century Catawba Co. farmhouse
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Texas woman killed her husband, 2 sons before killing herself at resort, police say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.