CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. - A road in Catawba County reopened Wednesday morning after being washed out by floodwaters months ago.
The bridge over Snow Creek was wiped out after more than a foot of rain fell in early June. Several families living along 16th Street Drive Northeast were cut off because of it.
>> In the video at the top of this page, Channel 9’s Dave Faherty explains how a local church and businesses came together to make the repairs.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man killed when speeding car hits power pole, tree, troopers say
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Drivers go around railroad crossing arms in Waxhaw
- Former Wells Fargo employee swindled elderly man out of $800K
- FORECAST: Partly cloudy skies, mild temps but still no rain in sight
- Family says it warned hospital of doctor accused of child sex crimes
© 2019 Cox Media Group.