CHARLOTTE, N.C. - CMPD is investigating a shooting that happened Friday morning at an apartment complex in south Charlotte after a confrontation between a security guard and a man who said he was simply dropping off his two children at his mother's home.
In the video at the top of this webpage, reporter Mark Becker explains what led up to the shooting.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deputies: 2 dead, including 11-year-old boy, after mobile home set on fire
- 8-year-old boy bitten by shark at Bald Head Island
- Lucky break helps teen survive surprise ray strike off Hilton Head
- FORECAST: Monday kicks off week of rainy, muggy weather across region
- Retired UNC professor dead after disappearing during NY swim race
© 2019 Cox Media Group.