MATTHEWS, N.C. - The North Carolina Department of Transportation is fining a local construction company for a delayed project in Matthews.
Blythe Development is being fined $1,000 a day for bridge work on South Trade Street.
Crews are widening the road from two to four lanes between Chaphyn Lane and Marque Place.
Blythe was supposed to have the project done in September 2018 but after several delays, it's still not done.
NCDOT officials said it could take several more months.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville mother charged with murder weeks after infant son dies
- 1 dead, another injured after car slams into tree in west Charlotte
- Large water main break floods busy street outside South End
- FORECAST: Oppressive conditions see heat index values above 100 degrees
- Special CMS board meeting set on suspended superintendent's contract
© 2019 Cox Media Group.