CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Construction on a project that will have a big impact on south Charlotte will begin this weekend.
Crews will start installing barrier walls as part of the $346 million contract to build an express lane along Interstate 485.
The work will take place overnight for about two weeks starting Sunday at 9 p.m.
>> Watch the video above as Channel 9’s Anthony Kustura breaks down the construction to come and what it will mean for drivers.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Earnhardt Jr. won't be in booth for Bristol race following fiery plane crash
- UNC professor, girls' softball coach among 14 arrested in prostitution raid
- Drivers claim they're being charged by mistake for using I-77 toll lanes
- FORECAST: Heat wave rolls on ahead of Panthers preseason game
- Burke County school receptionist fired, indicted on child sex charges
© 2019 Cox Media Group.