CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Concord police officers have arrested the contractor Action 9 has received the most complaints about.
Officers charged Randy Briel with obtaining property by false pretenses and fugitive from justice. He received the second charge because he was wanted in Lancaster County.
Briel had previously served time in both North and South Carolina for financial crimes. In N.C., he was charged with obtaining property by false pretenses and was released in 2011. In S.C., he was charged and found guilty of breach of trust and was released in 2012.
Action 9 has been investigating customer complaints against Briel since his first stint in prison in 2011. The Better Business Bureau reported more than 100 complaints against Briel.
The BBB also said Briel had changed business names more than 25 times over the years.
The last time Action 9 spoke with Briel was in March when Briel said he was out of business and working for his brother.
Action 9 had more questions for Briel, but he hung up.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- High school senior escorted off stage after dancing during graduation
- Teens accused of killing beloved college baseball player to appear in court
- Feds raid several locations in NC & SC in massive drug operation
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Kroger closures in North Carolina to affect 1,500 workers
© 2018 Cox Media Group.