CORNELIUS, N.C. - There are dozens of empty acres in Cornelius that could turn into neighborhoods and shops, but some residents are concerned that all the growth will lead to too much traffic.
They told developers Wednesday night at a community meeting that the potential site along Westmoreland Road is already too crowded.
"It's not horrible right now, but it is getting worse," resident Bob Healy said.
In the video at the top of this webpage, the community expresses their concerns about the proposed project.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville mother charged with murder weeks after infant son dies
- 1 dead, another injured after car slams into tree in west Charlotte
- Large water main break floods busy street outside South End
- FORECAST: Oppressive conditions see heat index values above 100 degrees
- Special CMS board meeting set on suspended superintendent's contract
© 2019 Cox Media Group.