ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. - North Carolina state troopers said a 2-car crash early Thursday shut down the southbound lanes of Interstate 85 in Rowan County for roughly an hour.
The crash happened just after 7 a.m. in the southbound lanes of I-85 north of Lane Street near the Cabarrus County line and had traffic at a standstill, backed up for more than 10 miles.
Onlooker delays were also backing up traffic in the northbound lanes.
People could be seen getting out of their cars trying to see what was going on, an ambulance got stuck, and a truck could be seen trying to turn around into oncoming traffic.
Troopers said no serious injuries were reported.
The crash was cleared just after 8 a.m. and the lanes were reopened.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Intense manhunt underway for robbers considered 'armed and dangerous'
- 3 Charlotte men busted in Georgia with 70 pounds of pot worth over $200K
- Deputies: Man flown to hospital after stabbed by 14-year-old neighbor
- FORECAST: Extended stretch of dry weather expected after days of rain
- Police identify man shot to death during party at uptown apartment
© 2019 Cox Media Group.