CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A portion of Interstate 485 in Ballantyne is shut down after a 7-vehicle crash.
The apparent chain-reaction wreck happened just before 10:30 a.m. near Johnston Road.
Officials said the right lane is closed as crews work to clear debris from the roadway.
The interstate is expected to completely reopen around 11:30 a.m.
No additional details have been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Researchers say 13-foot great white shark bitten by even bigger shark
- NASCAR Xfinity Series team hauler crashes on I-40, 2 hurt
- Woman found dead at west Charlotte shoe store, investigation underway
- FORECAST: Morning temps in 40s around metro, sub-freezing in high country
- 'I feel betrayed': Mom says assistant principal preyed on her son for sex
© 2019 Cox Media Group.