MATTHEWS, N.C. — Crews responded to a fire at an abandoned home Friday morning in Matthews, officials said.
No one was injured in the fire on CPCC Lane and Campus Ridge Road, which is near Interstate 485 and Independence Boulevard.
Stallings, Matthews, Mint Hill and Idlewild fire departments responded to the fire.
Investigators are trying to find the cause, because there was no electricity running to the home.
They're now looking at whether tire tracks at the scene are connected to the fire.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- One year later: Nation mourns 9 killed in Charleston Church shooting
- Beach goers help police search for missing swimmer at Myrtle Beach
- Teen killed in violent crash following police chase in north Charlotte
- Soldier surprised his mom in a traffic stop upon his return from Iraq
- High school administrator attacked by students says she was let go
Cox Media Group