HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. - Channel 9 found nuts, bolts and other dangerous debris left along a stretch of Interstate 77 on Tuesday.
It’s just the latest in a series of safety complaints and comes a day after we reported about hundreds of new issues in the I-77 construction zone.
A driver first spotted a giant bolt near the Gilead Road exit, so Channel 9 went to check it out.
>>Watch the video at the top of the page to see the dozens of items Eyewitness News anchor Blaine Tolison found scattered along the interstate.
Channel 9 asked I-77 Mobility Partners, the public-private company managing the toll lanes and construction zone, what’s being done to clean it all up. We’re still waiting for a response.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating four overnight shootings within span of 15 minutes
- Wreckage of missing plane found in Rowan County field; pilot dead
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s mother, Brenda Jackson, dies after battle with cancer
- FORECAST: Warm-up underway as highs will climb into the mid-80s
- Kidnapping suspect in custody after nearly 5-hour standoff in Gaston County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.