UNION COUNTY, N.C. — State troopers were on the scene of a deadly wreck Thursday morning in Union County that closed a busy highway.
Authorities said the crash, which involved a tractor-trailer, was reported around 10 a.m. on Highway 218, near Sugar and Wine Road.
The highway was closed in both directions while troopers investigated.
Officials have not released the name of the person who died or any details surrounding the crash.
Troopers have not yet said what might have caused the wreck.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- WATCH: Man dragged from United Airlines flight
- Witness helped identify suspects in deadly triple shooting at Hickory pub
- 2 teens arrested in slaying of police officer's son to face judge
- FIREBALL: Viewers spot meteor streaking across night sky
- VIDEO: Christine Rapp's Thursday morning forecast
- New video shows moments before passenger was dragged off plane
Cox Media Group