WINGATE, N.C. — Police called to an on-campus apartment at Wingate University Saturday morning found a 20-year-old man who had died.
Officials said he was not enrolled at Wingate, but was visiting a student.
School officials said counseling will be available for students Monday.
“The safety and well-being of our students and non-students, people visiting, of course, is a top priority for us,” said Wingate official Kristen Yost.
School officials said they have someone going door-to-door checking on students in the apartment complex.
“I was shocked that something would happen so close. It was shocking and scary,” Wingate student Megan McGough said.
Police do not suspect foul play, but are still investigating the death.
- WATCH: Crews respond to high-angle rescue at cellphone tower
- 16-month-old falls out of truck while strapped in car seat, police say
- 27 years later, woman charged in fatal shooting by clown
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast update
- Loophole keeps Charlotte motels open despite soiled sheets, dirty walls
Cox Media Group