CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. - Steven Lovelace was at the Cleveland County Courthouse to support his girlfriend, but he was stopped by deputies as he tried to pass through a metal detector.
The detector kept going off when Lovelace would walk through it, so deputies made him empty his pockets.
Lovelace pulled out a baggy and tin can, both of which contained meth.
He ran away and was caught a few blocks away.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Judge won't lower $1M bond for assistant principal accused of having sex with student
- CMPD Chief Kerr Putney retiring at end of year, but will return for RNC
- Introducing Charlotte’s 'Best Places to Work'
- FORECAST: Cold front brings dip in temps, cloudy skies, not much rain
- More accusers come forward after Belmont preacher charged with child sex crimes
© 2019 Cox Media Group.