CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Each time an apartment complex is bought, residents worry their rent will go way up or they'll be pushed out.
However, that's the not the case with two developers who said they are buying the Heritage Park Apartments off W.T. Harris Boulevard in east Charlotte and plan to keep it affordable.
The non-profit company, Affordable Housing Institute, and an affordable housing developer, Vitus, plan to purchase the complex and pour $8.5 million in renovations into it that will completely transform the outside look and interior of each unit.
In the video at the top of this page, Eyewitness News reporter Gina Esposito breaks down the partnership and how they plan to preserve the affordable housing complex.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating four overnight shootings within span of 15 minutes
- Wreckage of missing plane found in Rowan County field; pilot dead
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s mother, Brenda Jackson, dies after battle with cancer
- FORECAST: Warm-up underway as highs will climb into the mid-80s
- Kidnapping suspect in custody after nearly 5-hour standoff in Gaston County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.