CHARLOTTE, N.C. - German discount grocer Lidl has set the date for the debut of its first store within Charlotte city limits. The store at 9318 Monroe Road will open to customers at 8 a.m. on Dec. 4, following a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:40 a.m., according to a news release from the company.
Derek Fernandez is store manager.
This marks Lidl’s seventh store in the greater Charlotte region since arriving in 2017. A limited number of customers at the grand opening will get reusable shopping bags and gift cards ranging from $5 to $100.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Private school founder gets federal prison term for role in human trafficking
- Fourth suspect charged in 2016 murder of Union Co. teacher in South End
- VIDEO: Road rage incident puts drivers in danger on I-85
- Sheriff: 10-year-old boy dies after being found shot at Lancaster mobile home park
- 'They kept shooting': 1 dead, 1 hurt in shootout involving police at Epicentre
© 2019 Cox Media Group.