CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Magnum T.A., a former professional wrestler from Charlotte, said the happiest place on Earth turned into a nightmare for his family.
Terry Allen, who took on the wrestling name Magnum T.A. in the 1980s, can’t walk because of a spinal cord injury.
Allen is a National Wrestling Alliance legend and now uses a Segway with a modified seat to get around.
His family tried to visit Disney and they said he wasn't allowed to use it.
Allen’s daughter, Tessa Blanchard, tweeted about the issue, and it created a firestorm of comments on social media.
Disney said they denied the Segway because of safety concerns.
"There are various other options available to our guests, such as the use of wheelchairs, four-wheeled electric scooters and an electric standing vehicle, which do not pose the same concerns," Disney said.
Allen said his family spent the rest of their vacation at Sea World and Universal Studios and he had no issues using his Segway there.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Wrestling legend Ric Flair dealing with 'tough medical issues,' talent agency says
- Mother seeks answers after son shot in deadly carjacking
- Woman killed at Virginia rally described as 'true American hero'
- VIDEO: GREAT AMERICAN ECLIPSE: What Charlotte can expect to see
- Driver ID'd after car crashed into parked tractor-trailer on I-77/I-485
- VIDEO: Vicki Graf's Monday forecast outlook
Cox Media Group