COLUMBIA, S.C. - Fitness specialist Jake Steinfeld has chosen South Carolina for his “DON’T QUIT!” fitness campaign, in conjunction with Gov. Henry McMaster and South Carolina superintendent of education Molly Spearman.
Steinfeld is the chairman of the National Foundation for Governors’ Fitness Councils and it is through that foundation that he will be able to give three Palmetto State schools a state-of-the-art fitness center.
The nomination process is now open and will run through Friday, April 6.
“The health of South Carolina’s students has a strong impact on their success in the classroom and throughout their lives,” Spearman said. “I applaud Governor McMaster for recognizing the importance of ensuring our students are healthy and ready to learn and partnering with the National Foundation for Governors’ Fitness Councils to bring this exciting opportunity to South Carolina schools.”
You can nominate a school by clicking here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Facebook Live shooting: Suspect in custody after killing caught on video
- Pedestrian killed on I-85 in Gaston Co.; southbound lanes closed
- More than 5,600 mourners pay final respects to Rev. Billy Graham
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- FOP asks Charlotte leaders for 15 percent pay raise for CMPD officers
© 2018 Cox Media Group.