CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police said they believe an incident at Harding High School may have led to a shooting Tuesday night in west Charlotte.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said a patrol officer saw a Honda Accord driving slowly on Ashley Road, near the Walmart on Wilkinson Boulevard, with a shattered back window around 9:45 p.m.
Police said when the officer got out of his car to investigate, the driver began firing shots in the air. They said the officer called for backup.
Officers said they found a 21-year-old man who had been shot inside the vehicle. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police said they believe an incident at Harding may have started it all. They’re asking anyone with information about what led to the shooting to call them.
Officers are asking anyone with information to call CrimeStoppers at (704) 334-1600 or 911.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman says she was nearly abducted at QT near Carowinds
- Sheriff: SC woman shoots, kills escaped inmate who kicked in her door
- Second woman claims she was paid to pick up ballots in U.S. House District 9 race
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- WATCH: Video shows big rig zoom past school bus letting kids off
© 2018 Cox Media Group.