CONCORD, N.C. — Police are investigating after a driver said he crashed into a barrier in front of the Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office because his windows were fogged up.
The wreck happened just before 3 a.m. on Corban Avenue in downtown Concord.
The car plowed over a brick barrier, which then damaged the sheriff’s office.
Witnesses inside told Channel 9 that they felt the building shake when the car hit.
The front of the car was severely damaged and the impact sent bricks into the building, shattering windows.
The driver was not hurt and authorities did not say if he is facing charges.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Tie or no tie? Dress-code flap defines Panthers' 40-7 loss
- 7-year-old girl killed after Salisbury home sprayed with bullets, police say
- Driver blames foggy windshield for crash that damaged sheriff's office
- Police: Gun-toting Salisbury man wanted to investigate 'Pizza Gate'
- Flight diverts to Charleston when baby born in the air
Cox Media Group