CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. - A Caldwell County deputy’s cruiser was struck Thursday during a 10-mile chase in the Foothills, officials said.
The chase ended at the driver's home on Blair Road in the Ellendale community.
Miguel Arroyo was charged with not having an operator’s license, failure to yield, hit-and-run and felony speeding to elude.
He is locked up in the Alexander County jail under a $20,000 bond.
The deputy, who was not seriously injured, continued to pursue the car after the collision.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- More than 700,000 people caught in middle of NC health plan fight
- Fugitive who cut off electronic monitor after 42 arrests captured in Miami
- Mother leaves 3 young children in hot car while applying for job
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms likely; last day in the 90s for a while
- Escaped emu on the lam for weeks in NC suddenly seen jumping on car
© 2019 Cox Media Group.