PINEVILLE, N.C. — A wreck on Interstate 485 at Johnston Road Wednesday caused traffic issues for drivers.
WCNC meteorologist Larry Sprinkle rear-ended a pickup truck and got pinned in, troopers said.
Sprinkle was taken to the hospital with broken bones and was cited for failure to reduce speed.
The station reported on its website that Sprinkle has serious injuries, but is expected to be OK.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CRF Frozen Foods recalls all frozen fruits and vegetables for listeria risk
- Mother, son accused of running prostitution enterprise out of Gastonia home
- York teen who police say wanted to join ISIS given parole
- Former South Point coach accused of threatening investigator
- High school senior dies in Shelby wreck
Cox Media Group