CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are searching for a driver in a deadly hit-and-run that happened on the night of June 20.
The driver of a Honda Accord lost control on Billy Graham Parkway near West Boulevard and hit a Buick Enclave forcing it to cross the grass median into oncoming traffic.
The Buick struck a Mazda S3 head-on.
A Hyundai in the other lane of oncoming traffic then struck the Enclave on the passenger side.
The driver of the Buick, Lester Wayne Anderson, 63, was taken to Atrium-CMC and later died on July 8.
A woman and two young teenagers in the Buick suffered serious injuries.
The drivers of the Mazda and Hyundai sustained injuries, as well.
The Honda fled the scene and was located on June 28 in CMPD’s Hickory Grove Division.
If you know any information on the whereabouts of the Honda’s driver, call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I'm never gonna be the same': Gastonia mom heartbroken after son shot to death
- Troopers speak out against 'exit jumping' on Charlotte interstates
- Raleigh father and son save grandfather from drowning at Ocean Isle Beach
- Cintra 'disappointed' with plan to convert I-77 shoulders into lanes
- FORECAST: Extreme heat, humidity will grip region through weekend
© 2019 Cox Media Group.