CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A deadly crash shut down the inner loop of Interstate 485 in south Charlotte for hours early Saturday morning.
Officials responded to the scene of a crash around 5 a.m. on the inner loop of I-485 between South Boulevard and Interstate 77.
Troopers told Channel 9 Darian Goolsby likely lost control due to the heavy rain and hit a median barrier. After slamming into the median, they said he got out of his car and was hit by another vehicle.
Goolsby was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol, the other driver was not hurt and will not face any charges.
The road reopened just before 9:30 a.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Driver struck, killed after getting out of crashed vehicle on I-485
- Police officer demoted after surrendering retired K-9 to shelter
- North Carolina teacher dies during school fire drill
- WATCH: Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- Man points gun at employees while trying to shoplift from Macy's at Northlake Mall
Cox Media Group