CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Crews fixed problems in the Interstate 77 toll construction zone hours after drivers told Channel 9 a new merging lane put them in danger.
Drivers who merge from Interstate 85 north onto I-77 north said the new merge lane was a risky maneuver because it was too short.
Cintra, the company that manages the toll project, said a general contractor planned to fix the merge lane overnight Wednesday. Channel 9 checked Thursday morning and the lane had been extended.
>> Watch the video above as concerned drivers describe the problem to Channel 9’s Briana Harper.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Huntersville police investigating fatal crash involving motorcycle, SUV
- Body of teen recovered day after she fell into Gaston County river
- Grieving NC mom denied Build-A-Bear Pay Your Age promotion; CEO apologizes
- FORECAST: Warm, but comfortable weather expected before humidity returns
- No criminal charges against wife in shooting death of Meck County deputy
© 2019 Cox Media Group.