The city of Charlotte has a commercial economic development project in the works that could occupy some of the available 2,000 acres at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
The code name is Project Nighthawk. It would occupy airport land near a huge $200 million Amazon distribution facility that opens this holiday season, said Stuart Hair, director of economic and community affairs at the airport.
“It came to us from city economic development,” Hair said in response to the Charlotte Business Journal. “All we know is the site that we are in conversations with them about.”
Undisclosed is the amount of investment and the number of jobs involved in the project, along with the acreage it would occupy.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- 2 men killed, 9 others hurt after gunfire erupts at Lancaster nightclub
- Police investigating after 14-year-old reports possible attempted kidnapping in Waxhaw
- Arizona sheriff: North Carolina fugitive who escaped from bondsmen arrested
- Man seriously hurt after being shot in Charlotte, police say
- Charlotte has a new action bar, virtual reality hub
© 2019 Cox Media Group.