While essential oils are a big trend right now, using them at home could be dangerous for pets.
Experts said that if people are using an oil diffuser in their home or putting essential oils on their pet, they should make sure the oil is either diluted or of a low concentration.
“Animals can have allergic reactions just like people could to any scent that is out there, or they could have GI upset that could cause stomach ulcers, vomiting, diarrhea,” Dr. Angele Bice, with the Charleston Animal Society, said.
Experts added that people should make sure pets have a way out of rooms to avoid scents.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Visitation to be held in Rock Hill for slain Peach Stand clerk
- Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon get extra hand, leg in epic Vanity Fair Photoshop fail
- Ft. Bragg soldier charged in South Carolina motel death
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- North Carolina keeper suspects foul play in 500K bee deaths
Cox Media Group