CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Event organizers for Saturday's Novant Health Charlotte Marathon are expecting 5,000 participants.
Traffic delays should be expected along the marathon route.
The event begins at 7:30 a.m. at Romare Bearden Park in uptown and features five different races -- the marathon, half-marathon, marathon relay, 5K and kids' 1-mile run.
(WATCH BELOW as Traffic Team 9's Mark Taylor maps out how to get around uptown during the marathon)
The event involves numerous street and lane closures along the marathon route.
Beginning at 7:30 a.m. on South Graham Street, the marathon will follow a course through the Dilworth, Myers Park, South End, Third Ward, Belmont, NoDa, Plaza Midwood, Chantilly, Elizabeth and Second Ward neighborhoods.
The race will finish on South Mint Street at BB&T Ballpark.
For more information, click here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'It's madness down here': 1 dead, 1 hurt in officer-involved shooting at Epicentre
- Family upset after man who killed young mother gets 38-58 months behind bars
- High school football team barred from playoffs after fight on field
- FORECAST: Scattered showers Friday before weekend sunshine
- Private school founder gets federal prison term for role in human trafficking
© 2019 Cox Media Group.